Welcome to the Governors’ section of The Bridges Federation website. Its aim is to provide information on the role of the governing body and to help you to become more familiar with all the governors.
The Governor team at our Federated schools is to work with the staff in helping all of our children achieve their full potential in a friendly, happy, safe and caring environment.
Some of the things we do:
- Manage the Federation schools’ budget.
- Provide support and challenges to the Headteacher and Senior Management Team, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
- Promote the highest possible standards of education and ensure continuous school improvement.
- Write and monitor the Federation schools’ policies and development plans.
- Participate in the appointment of staff.
- Deal with complaints and appeals.
- Fulfil duties placed on governing bodies by the Department for Education.
The Governing body comprises a range of individuals who offer a wide variety of skills gained as a parent, in their working life or in the community.
To deliver this effectively the Governors are representative of all the key groups involved in our schools – the Parents, the Staff, the Local Authority and the Community. Some are appointed and some are elected. All serve for a term of four years.
All Governors meet each term as a whole team to discuss school matters. We also have three committees that meet at least once a term with a focus on:
In addition a governor is linked to a subject they take particular interest in. This ensures that the governors are involved in the full life of the schools and enables us all to implement the shared vision to provide the best schools.
We are always keen to hear your views and if you wish to discuss anything with the Governors then please contact any school office I hope that this page will help you to understand better what we do, who we are and why we are serving as Governors.
- Data and progress against attainment targets.
- Assessment, monitoring and evaluation.
- Marking and feedback.
- Curriculum Sex and Relationships Education (SRE).
- Attendance Special Educational Needs Behaviour.
- Budget and internal controls.
- Staff conduct and working practice.
- Performance Management.
- Health and Safety
To contact the Chair of Governors or other governors, please contact any of the school offices.