Welcome to the Local Improvement Team (LIT) section of the website. Its aim is to provide information on the role of the LIT and to help you to become more familiar with all the governors.
The Local Improvement Team (LIT) at our academies aim to work with the staff in helping all of our children achieve their full potential in a friendly, happy, safe and caring environment.
Some of the things we do:
- Provide support and challenges to the Heads of School and Senior Management Team, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
- Promote the highest possible standards of education and ensure continuous school improvement.
- Monitor the KWEST and Academies’ policies and development plans.
- Participate in the appointment of staff.
- Deal with complaints and appeals.
- Fulfil duties placed on the LIT by the Trust and the Department for Education.
The LIT comprises a range of individuals who offer a wide variety of skills gained as a parent, in their working life or in the community.
To deliver this effectively the LIT Governors are representative of all the key groups involved in our schools – the Parents, the Staff and the Community. Some are appointed and some are elected. All serve for a term of four years.
All LIT meet each term as a whole team to discuss academy matters. We also have two groups that meet at least each term with a focus on:
- Data & Monitoring
- Health & Safety and Premises
The LIT are involved in the full life of the academies and this enables us to implement the shared vision to provide the best.
We are always keen to hear your views and if you wish to discuss anything with the LIT governors then please contact any academy office I hope that this page will help you to understand better what we do, who we are and why we are serving as LIT governors.
Data and Monitoring Group
- Data and progress against attainment targets.
- Assessment, monitoring and evaluation.
- Marking and feedback.
- Curriculum Sex and Relationships Education (SRE).
- Attendance Special Educational Needs Behaviour.
Health & Safety and Premises Group
- Health and Safety
To contact the Chair the LIT or other governors, please contact any of the school offices.